Friday, May 8, 2009

My Environment Experience

To start the day off I woke up at 4:30 am and took a cold shower. Then I read my latest book till my mother came out and woke up my papi (Father), so I played the piano till I had to go out and help with the Environment. That was my morning till 9:30.
I went out side and “trimmed” the plant in front of my parent’s windows. Then I went to cut a passage way behind my orange tree and then I had to cut them smaller to put in our new element. After about 30 minutes into cutting my father needed help so he could get his chainsaw out of the tree so I grabbed the ladder and held it. Then he said” O.k. this is what we are gunna do…” Crrrraacckk!!!!! The tree snapped and fell on my papi and hit him in his head while the chainsaw hit my knee and made me have a dead leg. He was all right but frustrated that my sister didn’t skip school to work but to play. So his head was already hurting from that. But he had a plan and jumped and ran from the tree faster that a cheetah going for food. Luckily it didn’t move a millimeter. So since we were able to use the chainsaw we cut the 300 to 400 pound trunk in unequal fifths. We started with the easiest and went up. The fifth was the hardest probably weighing 150 pounds. By this time our hands were bleeding red from the rope (We didn’t have gloves on. Could have had a V8. Or steroids). The 150 pound tree took us four tries to get it up and over our wall. We then cut, chain sawed, and bagged most of the stuff. Then we hade 5 large pieces of 12 ft solid wooded for winter. Then we cut more of our orange and lemon tree. I our lemon tree we had a nest with a bird looking at us for the 5 hours we worked for. Now I have four bruises and my father with a head ace and a bump on his head.
After I told you this story would you go and try to cut down a tree 10 times the size and weight of a 200 pounder?

No comments:

Post a Comment